Joining the line is the smallest-ever dual-rotor Leslie intended for general applications, the Red Walnut Leslie Studio 12 Rotary Speaker. It is the same size and weight as the popular G37 Guitar Leslie with which it shares a common cabinet. Keyboard players have asked for an ultra-portable Leslie that had a true Leslie Horn and Rotor, and Hammond has delivered their wish.
With a tube preamp driving a 100 watt solid state power amp, the Studio 12 is at home on the Rock and Roll stage and Jazz club alike. Its 1/4″ input allows any instrument to connect, and a standard footswitch handles fast and slow speeds. Leslie’s exclusive “Gas Pedal”, which allows custom Leslie speeds and expressive swells may be ﬁtted to the Studio 12
- Single-Channel Input: Features 2 inputs one for low gain for keyboards and high gain for guitar.
- Two-Speed Horn & Bass Rotor: Slow/fast speeds can be individually adjusted. Horn and bass rotor will stop, when stop mode is selected. If you intend to “mic” the Studio 12, we recommend, mic-ing it from the front of the cabinet for optimum coverage. (The controls are on the “back” of the cabinet.)
- Amplifier: Vacuum tube preamp with a 100-Watt solid-state power amplifier.
- Speaker: Bass speaker is 12″ Eminence speaker matched to the bass chamber. Horn driver is the same driver designed and used in all Leslie speakers for keyboards.
- Control Inputs: Channel Select foot switch, speed select foot switch (slow, fast, stop) or speed control adapter cables 11-pin or 8-pin. Variable speed control pedal input for optional (V-20RT).
- Controls: Clean Volume, Ch Select, Overdrive: Gain, Volume, Contour Equalizer: Treble, Mid, Bass Slow rotor speed;fast rotor speed, power switch.
- Cabinet: Rugged-built, black painted cabinet with protective corners and two folding handles.
- Power supply: 120V AC, 60Hz
- Dimensions: 20 1/2″(W) x 20 1/2″(D) x 26 3/4″(H)
- Weight: 85 lbs
- Included Accessories: FS-10TL speed control
- Optional Accessories: FS-1TL single foot switch used to remotely control channel select.
- V-20RT Speed Control Pedal: Adapter cable 11-pin to 1/4″ or 8-pin to 1/4″